- NVR appliance or a 64-bit OS from the Files section below
- Intel Atom D2500 CPU
- 100GB HDD
- 4GB RAM
- Google Chrome
- 500GB HDD or larger
- airCam (gen1) cameras are not supported in 3.2+. Please stick to the 3.1.x chain if you have airCams.
- All Linux commands below are for the NVR appliance and Debian 7. Different Linux distributions will have slightly different commands.
- Updating from a UniFi Video installation prior to 3.3.0 might take an hour or longer, depending on the amount of recordings in the database. To get up and running immediately, perform a clean install instead of upgrading.
- Your Ubiquiti Account (SSO) is the same account you use to login to the community forum. If you want to use a different account for UniFi Video, first log out of the community before setting up UniFi Video for cloud access.
- When adding a new camera, your camera password will be reset and configurable under NVR Settings. Username remains the same.
- RTSP stream URLs have changed from 3.1.x.
- Systems that are not the hardware NVR (airVision-C or UVC-NVR) should have some form of an NTP daemon installed.
- Windows: Run Installer as Administrator
- Hardware NVR/Debian Install (other Linux files are linked at the bottom of this post, simply change the URL and filename to the appropriate operating system): wget http://dl.ubnt.com/firmwares/unifi-video/3.6.1/unifi-video_3.6.1~Debian7_amd64.debsudo dpkg -i unifi-video_3.6.1~Debian7_amd64.deb
- Visit https://video.ubnt.com using Chrome from a computer on the same network as your UniFi Video installation.
- Connect to your NVR locally (over HTTPS using the server’s IP address on port 7443), then click ‘Connect To My Ubiquiti Account’ under NVR Settings.
There is no new firmware that accompanies this release
- Fixed an issue with camera management default credentials
- Refactored and fixed NVR upgrade check so it does not depend on Statistics Reporting
- Minor logging improvements
- Fixed stream clock offset getting set when it shouldn’t, causing motion to be missed in recordings.
- Fixed nonworking bulk camera management
- Updated camera management to show username/password fields when managing a single camera
- Added a pen icon to Configuration Email Alert button
- Sort camera alphabetically anywhere a camera list is provided
- Sort LiveView layout labels alphabetically
- Fixed recordings preset filter icons not persisting
- Fixed recording schedule time not rounding minutes correctly
- Fixed Update Available check for NVR firmware
- Indicated Timeline as BETA feature explicitly
- Added Autoscroll to Recording playback list when viewing multiple recordings
- Fixed Camera Live snapshot not updating when sliding in and out of Camera settings view
- Fixed multiple recording schedules not being saved after being created.
- Large Video file export from Timeline fails when controller is connected to video.ubnt.com
Port Forwarding/Custom Ports
If not using Cloud login, please check this article for required open ports and customizing ports.
- NVR appliance & Debian 7.0 x64
Ubuntu 12.04 x64
- Ubuntu 14.04 x64
- Ubuntu 16.04 x64
- Windows 7/8/8.1 x64**
- iOS (iOS App Build 1.1.5+ required)
- Android (Android App Build 1.1.3+ required)
- UVC (Gen 2) Camera Firmware (3.5.2)
- UVC (Gen 3) Camera Firmware (3.5.2)
*Cloud functionality is peer-to-peer. All video is encrypted and not stored on our servers.
**These are the only officially supported Windows operating systems