- NVR appliance or a 64-bit OS from the Files section below
- Intel Atom D2500 CPU
- 100 GB HDD
- 2 GB RAM
- Google Chrome
- 500 GB HDD
- 4 GB RAM
- airCam (gen1) cameras are not supported in 3.2+. Please stick to the 3.1.x chain if you have airCams.
- All Linux commands below are for the NVR appliance and Debian 7. Different Linux distributions will have slightly different commands.
- Updating from a previous UniFi Video installation might take an hour or longer, depending on the amount of recordings in the database. To get up and running immediately, perform a clean install instead of upgrading.
- Your Ubiquiti Account (SSO) is the same account you use to login to the community forum. If you want to use a different account for UniFi Video, first log out of the community before setting up UniFi Video for cloud access.
- When adding a new camera, your camera password will be reset and configurable under NVR Settings. Username remains the same.
- RTSP stream URLs have changed from 3.1.x.
- Windows: Run Installer as Administrator
- Linux: wget http://dl.ubnt.com/firmwares/unifi-video/3.4.0/unifi-video_3.4.0~Debian7_amd64.debsudo dpkg -i unifi-video_3.4.0~Debian7_amd64.deb
Cloud SetupNew Installations
- Visit https://video.ubnt.com using Chrome from a computer on the same network as your UniFi Video installation.
- Connect to your NVR locally (over HTTPS using the server’s IP address on port 7443), then click ‘Connect To My Ubiquiti Account’ under NVR Settings.
- Cameras : Motion detection improvements for G3 cameras
- Cameras : Fixed an issue where Lens Distortion Correction setting would reset on camera reboots.
- Cameras : Fixed an issue causing IR to malfunction when changing between modes
- Cameras : Add support for anonymous snapshots
- Cameras : Fixed a memory leak tied to changing time zones
- Cameras : UVC Pros are now capped at 25 fps, this is due to Pros not recording properly at 30fps due to resource limitations.
- Cameras : Gateway and DNS are no longer mandatory when setting a static IP on the camera
- Camera: Fixed an issue timezone will set to GMT when login into camera standalone web UI
- Camera: Fixed an issue camera timezone doesn’t sync with controller
- Web UI : Added distortion correction setting for G3 cameras
- Web UI : Added image enhancement mode toggle (i.e. Magic Zoom) for G3 cameras.
- When inviting other users to access your NVR via the cloud, if they’ve never registered with Ubiquiti before, they’ll need to confirm their account (in a separate email).
- Timeline only works on recordings made with UniFi Video 3.2+. It will not show recordings made with 3.1.x.
- UVC Pros have issues at higher FPS, for accurate recordings, use 25FPS.
Port Forwarding/Custom PortsIf not using Cloud login, please check this article for required open ports and customizing ports.
- NVR appliance & Debian 7.0 x64
- Ubuntu 12.04 x64
- Ubuntu 14.04 x64
- Windows 7/8/8.1 x64
- iOS (iOS App Build 1.1.5+ required)
- Android (Android App Build 1.1.3+ required)
- UVC (Gen 2) Camera Firmware
- UVC (Gen 3) Camera Firmware
*Cloud functionality is peer-to-peer. All video is encrypted and not stored on our servers.