- NVR appliance or a 64-bit OS from the Files section below
- Intel Atom D2500 CPU
- 100 GB HDD
- 2 GB RAM
- Google Chrome
- 500 GB HDD
- 4 GB RAM
- All Linux commands below are for the NVR appliance and Debian 7. Different Linux distributions will have slightly different commands.
- airCam (gen1) cameras are not supported in 3.2.
- Updating from a previous UniFi Video installation might take an hour or longer, depending on the amount of recordings in the database. To get up and running immediately, perform a clean install instead of upgrading.
- Your Ubiquiti Account (SSO) is the same account you use to login to the community forum. If you want to use a different account for UniFi Video, first log out of the community before setting up UniFi Video for cloud access.
- When adding a new camera, your camera password will be reset and configurable under NVR Settings. Username remains the same.
- RTSP stream URLs have changed
- Windows: Run Installer as Administrator
- Linux: wget http://dl.ubnt.com/firmwares/unifi-video/3.2.2/unifi-video_3.2.2~Debian7_amd64.debsudo dpkg -i unifi-video_3.2.2~Debian7_amd64.deb
Cloud SetupNew Installations
- Visit https://video.ubnt.com using Chrome from a computer on the same network as your UniFi Video installation.
- Connect to your NVR locally (over HTTPS using the server’s IP address on port 7443), then click ‘Connect To My Ubiquiti Account’ under NVR Settings.
- Fixed migration issues from 3.1.x
- UVC Pros will no longer throw 404 errors on live view
- Fixed low light noise issue for UVC Gen2 cameras
- Fixed AE hunting issue for UVC-Micro
- When inviting other users to access your NVR via the cloud, if they’ve never registered with Ubiquiti before, they’ll need to confirm their account (in a separate email).
- Timeline only works on recordings made with UniFi Video 3.2. It will not show recordings made with 3.1.x.
Port ForwardingIf not using Cloud login, forward the following ports (TCP) if accessing over WAN:
Between Camera & NVR
- 6666 - Live FLV for incoming Gen2 camera streams (only needed if camera is remote)
- 7080 - WebSockets/HTTP
- 7443 - WebSockets/HTTPS
Between Client & NVR
- 7080 - HTTP web UI & API
- 7443 - HTTPS web UI & API
- 7445 - Video over HTTP
- 7446 - Video over HTTPS
- 7447 - RTSP re-streaming via Controller
To change port values, locate system.properties in the following directory:
Open system.properties with a text editor.
Uncomment the desired keys by deleting the number sign (#), then change the port number.# unifi-video v3.2.2app.controller.id=…app.controller.mode=masterapp.systemName=myNVRis_default=falsetimezone=America/Chicagouuid=…# app.http.port = 7080# app.https.port = 7443# ems.liveflv.port = 6666# ems.rtmp.port = 1935# ems.rtsp.port = 7447
Save and close system.properties.
Restart the UniFi Video service.
Windows: via System Tray/Notification Area icon
Linux:sudo /etc/init.d/unifi-video restart
- NVR appliance & Debian 7.0 x64
- Ubuntu 12.04 x64
- Ubuntu 14.04 x64
- Windows 7 & 8 x64
- iOS (iOS App Build 1.1.5+ required)
- Android (Android App Build 1.1.3+ required)
- UVC (Gen 2) Camera Firmware
*Cloud functionality is peer-to-peer. All video is encrypted and not stored on our servers.