For people who are migrating from v3, there’re many changes to APIs and it’s not backward compatible. You may need to update the shell library (unifi_sh_api) and/or your customized portal/external portal code.
Windows users must have x64 Java installed as we only support 64 bit webRTC library. Please see HERE and download the missing version (64bit offline Windows install package).
For hotspot management console, make sure you have bookmark the URL with site ID (i.e. x66cipn3, or whatever random string is generated for that site). For example:
For Debian/Ubuntu users, please update your APT source (see HERE).
unifi-beta/unifi-rapid are obsoleted. The old repo has been removed.
use ‘unifi5’ in your source file, instead of ‘stable’ or ‘unifi4’
On Linux you can now use Oracle Java instead of OpenJDK (if desired). When using Oracle Java you may need to define the JAVA_HOME location on your Debian/Ubuntu installation. To do this you need to create a default file to define the path. This method is persistent across controller upgrades. Something like the following will work for Oracle Java (change JAVA_HOME path as needed):
echo “JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle” | sudo tee /etc/default/unifi
- You can no longer manage/control UniFi VoIP devices from the UniFi controller. Please use the UniFi VoIP controller for UVP products. The latest release as the time of this post is found HERE.
- You cannot re-use a VLAN ID for dynamic VLAN if it is set as a static value for another SSID on the same AP. So, if I have a SSID set to use VLAN 10, I cannot use VLAN ID 10 for RADIUS controlled VLAN users as those users will not get an IP.
- Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (for exmaple, Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library:
sudo rm /usr/lib/unifi/lib/native/Linux/armhf/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so
- Smart Queue QoS is similar to the implementation as in EdgeOS (see HERE). Please note that DPI will not work when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic will not be offloaded. It’s also worth noting that maximum throughput will be affected when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic is not offloaded. There are some rough guidelines in the article linked above.
- Do note that DFS channels can not be used for wireless uplink as of this release. Please use non-DFS channels if you need to use wireless uplink on dual band UAPs.
- Official UniFi MIBs can be downloaded from HERE and HERE (those are 2 different files).
- A full changelog has been attached, showing changes back to the first public release (1.2.1).
- We no longer support Java version 6, it needs to be 7 or later. We recommend Java version 8.
- All APs will be reprovisioned on controller upgrade, which will cause a temporary outage for all connected users. Please make sure to do this after hours, or a time when it’s okay to disconnect users for several minutes. This should not affect users upgrading from 5.3.8 or later.
- Features like airtime fairness, bandsteering, load balancing and minimum RSSI are default disabled. If you need them you need to go to Settings>Site and check Enable advanced features.
- If you previously used Google Maps for a site map, then you have to enable this feature again by adding an API key. This is done under Settings>Controller. There is a linked guide with instructions.
- Import/Export Site.
- Hotspot Portal with Google/Facebook authentication (BETA).
- Add US-16-XG support.
Controller bugfixes/changes from 5.4.8:
- Improve dynamic Dashboard.
- Improve loading DPI statistics.
- Improve Topology view.
- Improve Image Map performance.
- Update translations.
- Add Catalan translations .
- Fix saving Settings > Controller.
- Add user group override notice, client list user group column.
- Fix panel expand/collapse icon aliasing.
- Added LAG support to AP > Network configuration (AC-HD only).
- Add limited amount of LAN DHCP leases notice.
- Add minRSSI noise floor notice.
- Add expand/collapse icon to device list actions column.
- Disallow SVG image type in Maps.
- Add progress bar for backup upload.
- Fix import/export function. The configuration tab will not be visible after import.
Controller bugfixes/changes from 5.3.11:
- Allow using API only for Angular hotspot authorization.
- Hide Facebook and Google authorization for legacy JSP hotspot.
- Enable port mirroring for all switch ports.
- Fix empty dropdown value on Guest Control languages list.
- Performance improvements on Dashboard and during Refresh.
- Improve coverage colors on Map.
- Improve ruler on Map.
- Change device marker status indicator on Map.
- Add copy content to clipboard in Debug Terminal.
- Fix getting most active UAP on Stats/Quick Look.
- Handle WebSocket connection timeout.
- Change AP AC In-Wall details > radio to show “11N/A/AC”.
- Fix phone properties to use new icon classes.
- Fix device list “edit batch” button which was previously hidden.
- Enhance default hotspot portal view .
- Enhance preferences frame width.
- Do not disable Apply button in DPI Settings.
- Sort wirelsess uplinks by RSSI desc by default.
- Fix X axis labels on Stats/Recent Activities.
- Fix case filter counters not refreshed after interval changed on Known Clients list.
- Handle case when no USG is available on Topology view.
- Performance improvements.
- Update translations.
- Add Portuguese translations.
- Move refresh rate switch to preference panel.
- Group Neighboring Access Points by BSSID.
- Add password strength check in wizard.
- Fix getting most active UAP in Stats/ Quick Look.
- Keep displayed start date consistent in Statistics/Recent activities.
- Fix dragging items in property panel.
- Fix opening property panel from Topology view.
- Add Users tab in Switch Property Panel.
- Mark aggregated links in Topology view.
- Update url when interval is changed in past connections, past guest authorizations list.
- Show backend version on login page.
- Fix preference panel refresh rate not populating on change.
- Improve layout of Switch Statistics view.
- Increase width of terminal.
- Auto fit too big image when the zoom level is not set on image map.
- Set storm control packet minimum to 100.
Controller bugfixes/changes ported from 5.5.1:
- Add device configuration warning bar with real time input updates.
- Make Dashboard widgets configurable.
- Update color used for upload and download values.
- Rename vpn client to vpn type.
- Set next hop for static route as default.
- Remove voip option from available networks purposes.
- Fix initial value of data retention days.
- Add special icons for UCK client.
- Performance improvements on Dashboard.
- Add beta warning for languages other than English.
- Add Turkish translations.
- Update translations.
- Add Danish, Norwegian and Turkish to the languages supported by Hotspot Portal.
- Add button for toggling clients visibility on Topology view.
Controller Bugfixes/Changes specific to UniFi Elite:
- Improve discovering devices.
- Add support for device licenses.
****Firmware changes ****from 3.7.32/4.3.33:
- [UAPG3] Upgrade ECM code.
- [UAPG3] Increased TX power to 25dB for all non-DFS channels (where regulations allows).
- [UAPG3] Various performance tweaks, related to using guest SSIDs, etc.
- [UAPG3] Add netconsole support.
- [UAPG3] Temporarily disable HS2.0 as it is currently unsupported.
- [UAPG2] Speed improvements and bug fixes for spectral scanning.
- [UAPG1] Fix wireless uplink issue related to driver upgrade.
- [UAP] Various stability improvements
- [USW] Disable passive PoE passthrough on US-8, as it’s unsupported.
- [USW/XG] Enable autoneg for SFP+ ports.
- [USXG] Fix wrong RX error count.
- [USG] Back-end update for RADIUS server support in 5.5.1 and newer controller versions.
- [USG] Added ubnt-netconsole for netconsole logging support.
**UAP/USW firmware 3.7.35 has been pushed to this release. See HERE for details. **
- UAP-AC-Lite/LR/Pro/EDU/M/M-PRO/IW | 18.104.22.16897 | md5
- UAP-AC-HD | 22.214.171.12497 | md5
- UAP, UAP-LR, UAP-OD, UAP-OD5 | 126.96.36.19997 | md5
- UAP-v2, UAP-LR-v2 | 188.8.131.5297 | md5
- UAP-IW | 184.108.40.20697 | md5
- UAP-Pro | 220.127.116.1197 | md5
- UAP-OD+ | 18.104.22.16897 | md5
- PicoM2 | 22.214.171.12424 | md5
- UAP-AC, UAP-AC v2, UAP-AC-OD | 126.96.36.19997 | md5
- USW | 188.8.131.5297 | md5
- US-16-XG | 184.108.40.20697 | md5
- USG | 220.127.116.1143823 | md5
- USG Pro | 18.104.22.16843827 | md5