For people who are migrating from v3, there’re many changes to APIs and it’s not backward compatible. You may need to update the shell library (unifi_sh_api) and/or your customized portal/external portal code.
Windows users must have x64 Java installed to use the unifi.ubnt.com cloud tie in, as we only support 64 bit webRTC library. Please see HERE and download the missing version (64bit offline Windows install package). The controller will run in an x86 only environment, or with x86 Java, but the unifi.ubnt.com tie in will not work.
For hotspot management console, make sure you have bookmark the URL with site ID (i.e. x66cipn3, or whatever random string is generated for that site). For example:
For Debian/Ubuntu users, please update your APT source (see HERE).
unifi-beta/unifi-rapid are obsoleted. The old repo has been removed.
use ‘unifi5’ in your source file, instead of ‘stable’ or ‘unifi4’
On Linux you can now use Oracle Java instead of OpenJDK (if desired). When using Oracle Java you may need to define the JAVA_HOME location on your Debian/Ubuntu installation. To do this you need to create a default file to define the path. This method is persistent across controller upgrades. Something like the following will work for Oracle Java (change JAVA_HOME path as needed):
echo “JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle” | sudo tee /etc/default/unifi
- You can no longer manage/control UniFi VoIP devices from the UniFi controller. Please use the UniFi VoIP controller for UVP products. The latest release as the time of this post is found HERE.
- You cannot re-use a VLAN ID for dynamic VLAN if it is set as a static value for another SSID on the same AP. So, if I have a SSID set to use VLAN 10, I cannot use VLAN ID 10 for RADIUS controlled VLAN users as those users will not get an IP.
- Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (for exmaple, Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library:
sudo rm /usr/lib/unifi/lib/native/Linux/armhf/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so
- Smart Queue QoS is similar to the implementation as in EdgeOS (see HERE). Please note that DPI will not work when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic will not be offloaded. It’s also worth noting that maximum throughput will be affected when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic is not offloaded. There are some rough guidelines in the article linked above.
- Do note that DFS channels can not be used for wireless uplink as of this release. Please use non-DFS channels if you need to use wireless uplink on dual band UAPs.
- Official UniFi MIBs can be downloaded from HERE and HERE (those are 2 different files).
- A full changelog has been attached, showing changes back to the first public release (1.2.1).
- We no longer support Java version 6, it needs to be 7 or later. We recommend Java version 8.
- All APs will be reprovisioned on controller upgrade, which will cause a temporary outage for all connected users. Please make sure to do this after hours, or a time when it’s okay to disconnect users for several minutes. This should not affect users upgrading from 5.3.8 or later.
- Features like airtime fairness, bandsteering, load balancing and minimum RSSI are default disabled. If you need them you need to go to Settings>Site and check Enable advanced features.
- If you previously used Google Maps for a site map, then you have to enable this feature again by adding an API key. This is done under Settings>Controller. There is a linked guide with instructions.
- Do not choose the skip option when running the Migrate Site wizard. If you do your devices may end up in a weird state.
- If visiting the local management page of the UCK (its IP/hostname), it will look like the controller is not installed. This is a known issue related to a backend change. A fixed UCK firmware will be released in the future. In the meantime, just access the controller directly (at https://IP.or.hostname:8443). This is fixed in UCK firmware 0.6.2, or later (0.6.2 is available in the beta section).
- WLAN - broadcast/multicast blocking.
自 5.4.11 版本开始控制器的 bug 修复与变更**:**
- Fix discovering devices on Windows.
- Wizard: allow falling back to first available country when US is not in the list.
- Fix showing upgrade whiteout notice.
- Prevent transition superseded error.
- Add training button (for demo.ubnt.com).
- Improve email templates.
- Fix bug with websocket not closing properly on site switch (causing devices listed in incorrect site).
- Improve header icon design.
- Fix issue with controller causing too many directs (controller side fix for UNIFI-457).
- Various security improvements.
自 3.7.47 固件版本开始的修复及变更**:**
- [UAP] Fix the issue which caused ZH enabled APs to be soft bricked after upgrade to 3.7.47.
- [UAP] Backport Busybox commit to fix the issue when DHCP search domain started with a number (reported HERE).
- [USW] Fix a typo affecting some provisioned configurations.
- UAP-AC-Lite/LR/Pro/EDU/M/M-PRO/IW | 184.108.40.20601 | md5
- UAP-AC-HD | 220.127.116.1101 | md5
- UAP, UAP-LR, UAP-OD, UAP-OD5 | 18.104.22.16801 | md5
- UAP-v2, UAP-LR-v2 | 22.214.171.12401 | md5
- UAP-IW | 126.96.36.19901 | md5
- UAP-Pro | 188.8.131.5201 | md5
- UAP-OD+ | 184.108.40.20601 | md5
- UAP-AC, UAP-AC v2, UAP-AC-OD | 220.127.116.1101 | md5
- PicoM2 | 18.104.22.16824 | md5
- USW | 22.214.171.12401 | md5
- US-16-XG | 126.96.36.19901 | md5
- USG | 188.8.131.5243823 | md5
- USG Pro | 184.108.40.20643827 | md5